- minimally, to ensure a good bond, the surfaces to be bonded should be clean, sanded (no finer than 150 grit), and solvent wiped.
- Optimal performance can be achieved by following the surface preparation method below.
1. Prepare the following solution:
• Ammonium Persulfate 25 pbw.
• Distilled or Deionized Water 75 pbw.
• Stir at room temperature until powder dissolves.
2. Treat the metal as follows:
• Immerse In the above solution for 30 seconds at room temperature.
• Wash thoroughly in cold, running distilled or deionized water.
• Dry and bond within 1 hour.