- minimally, to ensure a good bond, the surfaces to be bonded should be clean, sanded (no finer than 150 grit), and solvent wiped.
- Optimal performance can be achieved by following the surface preparation method below.
- Apply a commercial phosphoric acid solution/primer per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove black deposit by scrubbing with a clean bristle brush (not plastic) under cold running tap water; follow with a distilled or deionized water rinse.
- Dry and bond within 1 hour.
How do I prep aluminum and stainless steel before bonding with epoxy?
What is the best epoxy adhesive for my project?
Article is closed for comments.